Tempus Fugit in English

When art and technology find the wrong person

11.12.06

WHAT IS THIS BLOG ABOUT?

Tempus Fugit is a blog about the intersection between art and technology. The Spanish version started in March 2005 as trilingual tryout of writings in Spanish, Catalan and English, but soon I dropped the last two options because it was much easier to focus on a single language.

Nevertheless, I always missed the chance of addressing to the English speaking community. This is why I am going to try to write some of my posts in English, specially those regarding international issues.

In time, the Spanish version tended to revolve allowing the following subjects:

The relations between contemporary art and digital art. Why can’t they be together? Why should they be separate? I read about both fields in order to try to create paths of communication between them. To read a sample of previous posts on that, I translated SECOND EDITION OF THE CATALAN ART CRITICS SYMPOSIUM: MEDIA BIENNALES.

The relations between digital narrative and digital art in general. My main research interest is digital narrative understood as the whole of creations analyzing non-linear, interactive (or not) art. I am currently preparing my PhD on that, and I am also the author of an essay about it Tempus Fugit, interactive storytelling (Fundació Espais d’Art Contemporani, Girona, 2004). To read a sample of previous posts on that, I translated ART, GAME AND NARRATIVE: IN THE END, A QUESTION OF TASTE.

My readings on contemporary digital culture, divided by the season in which I am reading them. My last post on readings is translated as LATE FALLS READINGS: EXPERIMENTAL CINEMA IN THE DIGITAL AGE.

My reflections on digital events and what is going on outside the Internet, entitled URBAN SCENES. This scenes will be further developed in English as soon as I have something interesting to write about (I don’t want to make it too local).

So, I hope you enjoy my attempts at trying to make English my second writing language, please be patient with the mistakes and feel free to add any comments you wish to make.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home